WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY?
- enrolling in the first year of high school.- applying for additional years of high school education who were previously enrolled in high school and earned a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 85 points.
- applying for university or technical school who earned a minimum GPA of 85 points within the completed year.
- 18 years or less for high school applications.
- 25 years or less for university or technical school applications.
- Students with families and/or guardians with scarce resources who cannot afford their studies.
*Scholarship Recipients are selected by the NE Board of Directors.
WHAT ARE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS?
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a minimum GPA of 85 points.
- Scholarship recipients must apply to attend an accredited high school, university, or technical school offering a one to five year program. Program verification is required. GPA will be reported at mid-semester and at the end of the school year.
- Tuition is paid directly to the institution where the recipient is enrolled. No tuition payments will be made to a scholarship recipient or their family. Scholarship funds are used for tuition, fees, books, and other expenses necessary to education, as determined NE.
- Students must complete 150 hours of community service each year that they receive a scholarship. All service hours must be completed by the end of the school year and must be logged on the required form signed by a supervisor/leader overseeing the service.
- Community service work is chosen by the student. There is no required type of work.
- Community service hours will be reported at mid-semester and end of the school year.
- At the end of the school year, students present completed service forms along with a personal statement about how their work benefitted the community and themselves.
- Students will not receive payment for any community service work. If a student receives payment, they will be expelled immediately from the NE program, lose the current scholarship, and will not be eligible for future application.